Spring Break 2017 Blog
Hi guys, I realize that I mightttt be a wee bit behind, but better late than never. Right? You know how finals week is… need I say more. So in that case, I can’t bear the thought of letting this bangin’ week go by without documenting and sharing with you in more deets. So you have already seen my Spring Break video and now it is time to recap. One of the best parts of my junior year is when the bell rang to release us into the arms of Spring Break. Teenagers pooled out of the classrooms jumping and screaming for joy. I have been planning this moment for months on end. So now it’s time to break free from tests and homework and hit the beach.
My SB2K17 consists of many adventures with several of my A-list pals. First up was a Funday Sunday with my boyfriend CJ, which just so happened to be Easter as well. We decided that the beach didn’t sound like such a bad idea. I sported around my new bubble gum pink “Bae Watch” onesie swimmie from Forever 21 while we played games and lounged amongst the hot sun. http://www.forever21.com/
Not to mention all the fun activities such as water balloon fights, beach baseball, and my sig, making murals in the sand for a creative way to mark the special occasion.
Next on my Spring Break agenda was a quick visit to the sunny state of Florida where I met up with the ND Photography crew on Clearwater beach to get some savage pics under the sunset. I know it sounds crazy but it was actually my first ever beach shoot. No doubt one of my favs to date & I had a fit over the outcome. So kudos and many thanks to my peeps at ND.
I saved the best for last… There is no way that I could take a trip to Tampa and not hit up the mall, so I moseyed on down to the International Plaza and racked up on some hot ish at the Urban Outfitters and sweet sweet Zara. Not only am I in love with Urban Outfitters’ clothing, but I am a sucker for their old school home décor and vintage record players/records, just to name a few. Everything about this place inspires me.
After a longgg day of shopping till dropping, it was time to grubbb. As we all probably know, I am a health nut, so I ran over to Fit 2 Run and grabbed an acai berry bowl with loads of fruit piled on top. Fit 2 Run is a runners superstore and it has this super cute little fitness bar called Fit 2 go that offers healthy choices. Their acai bowl is by far their best seller. http://www.fit2run.com/. This hit the spot. So not gonna lie, I do have a sweet tooth. I know I know… I just said I am a health nut, but there is the occasional cheat day and when I see Le Macaron, I have to stop by and take a look. http://lemacaron-us.com/. Their gelato and macaroons are to die for! Not only are they delish, they are just downright beautiful. I def recommend giving them a shot.
The next morning I hoped on a plane to Jersey to hang with my bud Daniel Dai.(Instagram @danieldaiii) BTW, he is the crazy one you see me with bouncin’ and jumping in the pit at Skyzone. https://www.skyzone.com/ He is just a bundle of joy to say the least. You can always check a thing or two off your bucket list when you are with Daniel.
Aside from all the shenanigans, it was time to get down to buiness. Time to take it to Zeelum photography’s studio and snap some shots for my clothing line, Lacey Jade Designs. http://zeelum.com/.
I met some amazing people from this company and loved working with them. Not to mention the yummy “skinny girl snack bar” filled with tuna wraps, muffins, cheesecake, and fruit. The digitals were absolutely breathtaking and my day was jam up. I definitely look forward to working with them again in the near future. Thank you Miri for making it an experience to remember.
Believe it or not, it was already time to wrap up my week. What a way to start my summer. Just a taste of the beach and seasonal travel to make fun memories has me pumped! It was a Spring Break to go down in the books, that is for sure. Comment below and let me know what you did for Spring Break 2k17
<3 Lacey Jade xx
Summer Must Havs
Summer Must Havs by Lacey Evans
Want to start your summer 17 with a sizzle…?
- Dai*sy Dukes… Tight-fitting denim shorts for women, typically made from a pair of cutoff jeans. These are no doubt number one on my list for summer. Pair your fav DD’s up with just about any top in your closet and you can’t go wrong.
2. White Jeans… Are a canvas you can create anything around them. Expect compliments when you wear any type of trendy white jean whether it be straight leg, skinny, bell bottom, boot cut or capri’s.
3. Crop tops… Are a must to add to your wardrobe for summer. Show off your midriff with your favorite glam or causal style crop day or night. They will keep you looking stylish throughout the season without busting your budget. I like to pair my crops with daisy dukes, gladiator sandals, and a cute bandana in my hair.
4. Sunnies… “Go big or go home” is my motto this summer. While protecting your eyes from the rays, you gotta look gucci fo sho. That’s why I have chosen the cat eye this year it adds an extra dose of flare on a nice sunny day.
5. Dewy Makeup… For a light summery natural look, ditch the heavy makeup and add a highlighter. Skip liquid foundations in the summer and just go with a light powder foundation with an SPF. Apply bronzer to the cheeks, forehead, and around the hairline. Use a neutral, shimmery shade of eye shadow, and a little mascara & eyeliner to make your eyes pop. Add color to your lips, I stick to natural colors. Tada you will look like you have just been kissed by the sun.
6. Pura Vida… Do I have any Pura Vida fans in the house? Bracelets are a groovy way to accessorize this summer; you can never have too many. Each Pura Vida bracelet is handmade in Costa Rica. They are a simple string bracelet that comes in a variety of colors and are adjustable. These bracelets are boss this summer. Check them out and don’t forget to stack.
7. Birkenstock’s… The sandal that has been around since the 1960’s has made a comeback, and boy are they a hit. With over 300 styles you are sure to find the perfect pair. No doubt they are the most comfortable sandals I have ever worn. According to Vogue the sandal is said to look “sexy” with a fresh pedicure and a lady like dress.
8. Gladiators… These epic Roman shoes have been spotted on the runway this summer. Gladiators are the bomb they come in mucho styles. You can sport a pair of gladiators in a sandal or a heel. They come in three different types: mid-calf, knee, and ankle. Gladiators can be worn with shorts, skirts, or dresses. They are great to wear on a hot summer day.
9. Handbag…The crossbody style has been my go to this summer. Love that it keeps your hands free. Another style trending on fashion lane is the backpack; it has made it into an everyday wardrobe.
10. Mani/Pedi… Is the best way to celebrate your fingers and toes now that summer is in full swing. With a little help from foot friendly products or a trip to the salon, you can maintain the health of your hands and feet. Be adventurous with all the awesome color combos. I have a thing for OPI pinks: Mod About You, and Second Honeymoon. These three are fab and especially with a little tan. Take a break and treat yourself to a mani/pedi they are a great stress reliever.