What to pack for a photo shoot
Now that you’ve got a photo shoot booked, let’s get you ready for it! Getting ready for a photo shoot may seem overwhelming… organization is the key! Being organized will keep you calm and cool. Speaking from experience there are certain things that are a must regardless of the type shoot. The first thing you will need is a nice spacious bag, my personal favorite is the rac n roll. It’s a large duffel bag style suitcase that has plenty of pockets with telescopic side rods for hanging your clothes to help prevent wrinkles. It’s literally a dressing room on wheels.
At this point you have probably thought about the looks you want to capture. If not, you could hit your local book stores and browse through the latest copies of teen mags to get the ideas popping. You could also check out Pinterest boards or ask your photographer if he or she has any thoughts.
This is my checklist… it is by no means written in stone, you do you!Let’s move on to clothing. Options are a good thing always bring more than you will need. Stray away from crazy patterns and large logos. Coordinate but don’t be matchy matchy, layers are always good.
1. Little black dress (LBD)
Your LBD should be a staple piece; it doesn’t necessarily have to be black, just keep it simple. Try knit or polyester to prevent wrinkles. Here are a few of my favorites to get you started.
Choose your favorite jeans, shorts, and/or capris, the ones you feel most comfortable wearing. Make sure they fit you perfectly.
Assorted colors and styles of tanks and shirts are a must. American Apparel is the perfect place to purchase these items they have any style or color you could imagine.
Coordinated flesh colored or nude bra and panty sets are best. There’s nothing worse than seeing colored bras and panties through your clothing in your beautiful photos. I suggest you bring a robe and flip flops to wear in between changes.
High heels in black and tan are the way to go. You can’t go wrong with neutral colors. Casual flats and sandals are another good choice for shoes. It’s best to have a variety to choose from, just in case the photographer has a different idea.
6. Hair/Hair accessories
Be sure your locks are clean, styled, and ready to shoot. An assortment of hair accessories such as, a brush, comb, straightener, curling iron, styling products, and hair ties will serve you well. Headbands, head pieces, and hats are a big hit for a fashionista these days.
7. Make up
Even if your shoot involves a makeup artist you will need a complete make up kit with a mirror. Be sure to have several different shades of lipstick. Don’t forget your bronzer; you will be under bright lights with a very precise camera!
Your photos will benefit greatly when you incorporate super fly accessories. The bigger the better in my opinion, but this is something that has to be your choice. It’s a personal preference. Just remember, it’s a camera and if it’s too small you won’t be able to see tiny accessories. But, I also suggest keeping simple. You don’t want to overdo it. Necklaces, earrings, bracelets, and rings are at the top of my list. Amarilo and Freepeople are my jam.
Now that we have the ground work done here are a few additional items. Body butter for smooth and glowing skin is a good idea. Sunscreen, insect repellant, and eye drops are smart items to pack, especially for an outdoor shoot. Pack lots of snacks and water to keep your energy levels up, and my personal fav is a playlist for some tunes while you work. If you want to look good packing properly is a must! Most importantly, bring a good attitude, as it reads through the camera. Best of luck with your shoots…. I look forward to seeing your fabulous pics. Tag me on Insta… I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE FINISHED PRODUCT! @laceyjadeevans
AHHH!!! I am so honored to be apart of the amazing Mobile Fashion Week promo video! ❤️🤤 it is amazing! Thank you so so so much!!!! 😻 much love
We are proud to launch our 2017 Promotional Video!
Thanks Alabama Contemporary Art Center for allowing us to film at our 2017 location and walk our future guest through this amazing location ending in the actual show location area.
This video features looks from Polish Boutique, Fly Times Boutique, The Wandering Lilly, & BLYNDi which will be presenting Fall Fashion during the 2017 shows Sept. 24th – 30th in Downtown Mobile. These looks were styled by our 2017 Lead Stylist Allison Neidhardt Miller; from head to toe we couldn’t have asked for a better styling partner during the 2017 season!
Talent ran high during the filming of our 2017 promotional video. Roman at Port City Motion worked his magic behind the lens to create a feeling for fashion and movement throughout the entire video. Bella the DJ lended her expertise of music mixing to create an allover atmosphere in this production. Make Up Artist Courtney Dreher Matthews worked her magic behind the brushes to create a subtle mix of natural & fashion makeup trends and hairstylist Jakob Dozen (Aura Holistic Hair) added his own flair-in-hair to help finish off and create the allover look for the beautiful model Lacey.
Mobile Fashion Week wants to thank all the talent and supporters that have helped bring 2017 season to life, there is still time to join this runway event happening Sept. 24th – 30th in Downtown Mobile at the ACAC! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to become a presenter at the “Largest Fashion Event” in Alabama!
Friendship Characteristics by POSH Child Magazine’s Teen Fashion Blogger, Lacey Evans.
“People are like dirt. They can either nourish you and help you grow as a person or they can stunt your growth and make you wilt & die.” Plato~
The People that we surround ourselves with will either pull us up or drag us down. Therefore, we must choose them carefully. It’s ok to give everyone a chance to be a friend. However, choosing who remains long-term is incredibly important. Unfortunately, not everyone will make the cut and that’s not a bad thing. Friends are often times considered to be a “part of the family”, so to speak. This makes the job even more important, you are not only picking who you involve yourself with but you are also picking for others that are connected to you as well. Always embrace those that will encourage you to become the best you that you can be. No man becomes great on his own. We all need friends in our lives whom we thrive around and that will influence us in a positive way.
Here are 5 ways that I’ve found help me to choose jam up friends…
- First and foremost, we have to like ourselves. We can’t possibly be a friend to someone else if we don’t even like being around ourselves. So love you and be comfortable with exactly who you are. After all, we are our own worst critics, so chances are if you love you, your friends will too.
- Have a pure heart… You see, if you are a good friend and truly love then you will get that in return. What you give is what you will receive. When you are sincere and are striving to be an amazing friend, with the right heart and honest intention you won’t even have to think on it much… “it’s like butta”!
- Red Flags!! Always look for those red flags… Since friends can make us or break us, we use guidelines to help pinpoint who pairs well and who doesn’t. For example, your friend is consistently talking about other friends when they are around you, chances are they are doing it to you too… Or not telling the truth. These are red flags. You may want to steer clear from this type behavioral pattern.
- Practice the balance between give and take… It is easy to fall into the trap of being one who always takes. We are all guilty, myself included. Be mindful, this gets old quickly. You have to be thoughtful and put your friends first. For example, buy them lunch or greet them with a cup of Starbucks one morning. Even a card, text, or hug will do the trick. It’s the simple things in life that we sometimes all together miss the beat on.
- Don’t get caught up in the popularity contest and think you have to surround yourself with the wrong crowd… Seek higher ground. Look for those that inspire you to make right choices and avoid the negative situations. If they are true friends, they will get you and respect you for what you believe in or stand for. You will exhibit the same qualities and embrace boundaries and standards that each set. There’s a unique respect that comes with a true friend and I encourage each of you to explore the dynamic, It’s pretty KOOL! Remember… Your Vibe Attracts your Tribe!!
Make Up Tutorial
As a little girl I remember Santa leaving those dope (age 10ish) value pack makeup gift sets under the tree. Boi did I think I was something else! I could hardly wait to get my sticky lil fingers on that multi-color shadow palette. Of course, the glitter pink was my favorite. Thank goodness, in this case, things changed as I got a little older (oh, maybe like 12ish) I always looked forward to receiving the free bonus that Clinique, Lancôme, or Estee Lauder used to probe customers to buy their product. I had quite the collection with both my grandmother and great-grandmother handing over the bonus after their purchase. That was a game changer. I began to study the art & fads of makeup via You Tube, Instagram, and/or Pinterest. So you see, my love for makeup started at a very young age and through the years I’ve discovered some of my fav products by trial and error. I’m dishing out several of those amazing products and tips below in my video. If you’re looking to up your beauty game take a look at my basic make up tutorial! Feel free to comment below and give us some tips and tricks. Hope you enjoy! @laceyjadeevans