Spring Break 2017 Blog
Hi guys, I realize that I mightttt be a wee bit behind, but better late than never. Right? You know how finals week is… need I say more. So in that case, I can’t bear the thought of letting this bangin’ week go by without documenting and sharing with you in more deets. So you have already seen my Spring Break video and now it is time to recap. One of the best parts of my junior year is when the bell rang to release us into the arms of Spring Break. Teenagers pooled out of the classrooms jumping and screaming for joy. I have been planning this moment for months on end. So now it’s time to break free from tests and homework and hit the beach.
My SB2K17 consists of many adventures with several of my A-list pals. First up was a Funday Sunday with my boyfriend CJ, which just so happened to be Easter as well. We decided that the beach didn’t sound like such a bad idea. I sported around my new bubble gum pink “Bae Watch” onesie swimmie from Forever 21 while we played games and lounged amongst the hot sun. http://www.forever21.com/
Not to mention all the fun activities such as water balloon fights, beach baseball, and my sig, making murals in the sand for a creative way to mark the special occasion.
Next on my Spring Break agenda was a quick visit to the sunny state of Florida where I met up with the ND Photography crew on Clearwater beach to get some savage pics under the sunset. I know it sounds crazy but it was actually my first ever beach shoot. No doubt one of my favs to date & I had a fit over the outcome. So kudos and many thanks to my peeps at ND.
I saved the best for last… There is no way that I could take a trip to Tampa and not hit up the mall, so I moseyed on down to the International Plaza and racked up on some hot ish at the Urban Outfitters and sweet sweet Zara. Not only am I in love with Urban Outfitters’ clothing, but I am a sucker for their old school home décor and vintage record players/records, just to name a few. Everything about this place inspires me.
After a longgg day of shopping till dropping, it was time to grubbb. As we all probably know, I am a health nut, so I ran over to Fit 2 Run and grabbed an acai berry bowl with loads of fruit piled on top. Fit 2 Run is a runners superstore and it has this super cute little fitness bar called Fit 2 go that offers healthy choices. Their acai bowl is by far their best seller. http://www.fit2run.com/. This hit the spot. So not gonna lie, I do have a sweet tooth. I know I know… I just said I am a health nut, but there is the occasional cheat day and when I see Le Macaron, I have to stop by and take a look. http://lemacaron-us.com/. Their gelato and macaroons are to die for! Not only are they delish, they are just downright beautiful. I def recommend giving them a shot.
The next morning I hoped on a plane to Jersey to hang with my bud Daniel Dai.(Instagram @danieldaiii) BTW, he is the crazy one you see me with bouncin’ and jumping in the pit at Skyzone. https://www.skyzone.com/ He is just a bundle of joy to say the least. You can always check a thing or two off your bucket list when you are with Daniel.
Aside from all the shenanigans, it was time to get down to buiness. Time to take it to Zeelum photography’s studio and snap some shots for my clothing line, Lacey Jade Designs. http://zeelum.com/.
I met some amazing people from this company and loved working with them. Not to mention the yummy “skinny girl snack bar” filled with tuna wraps, muffins, cheesecake, and fruit. The digitals were absolutely breathtaking and my day was jam up. I definitely look forward to working with them again in the near future. Thank you Miri for making it an experience to remember.
Believe it or not, it was already time to wrap up my week. What a way to start my summer. Just a taste of the beach and seasonal travel to make fun memories has me pumped! It was a Spring Break to go down in the books, that is for sure. Comment below and let me know what you did for Spring Break 2k17
<3 Lacey Jade xx
Friendship Characteristics by POSH Child Magazine’s Teen Fashion Blogger, Lacey Evans.
“People are like dirt. They can either nourish you and help you grow as a person or they can stunt your growth and make you wilt & die.” Plato~
The People that we surround ourselves with will either pull us up or drag us down. Therefore, we must choose them carefully. It’s ok to give everyone a chance to be a friend. However, choosing who remains long-term is incredibly important. Unfortunately, not everyone will make the cut and that’s not a bad thing. Friends are often times considered to be a “part of the family”, so to speak. This makes the job even more important, you are not only picking who you involve yourself with but you are also picking for others that are connected to you as well. Always embrace those that will encourage you to become the best you that you can be. No man becomes great on his own. We all need friends in our lives whom we thrive around and that will influence us in a positive way.
Here are 5 ways that I’ve found help me to choose jam up friends…
- First and foremost, we have to like ourselves. We can’t possibly be a friend to someone else if we don’t even like being around ourselves. So love you and be comfortable with exactly who you are. After all, we are our own worst critics, so chances are if you love you, your friends will too.
- Have a pure heart… You see, if you are a good friend and truly love then you will get that in return. What you give is what you will receive. When you are sincere and are striving to be an amazing friend, with the right heart and honest intention you won’t even have to think on it much… “it’s like butta”!
- Red Flags!! Always look for those red flags… Since friends can make us or break us, we use guidelines to help pinpoint who pairs well and who doesn’t. For example, your friend is consistently talking about other friends when they are around you, chances are they are doing it to you too… Or not telling the truth. These are red flags. You may want to steer clear from this type behavioral pattern.
- Practice the balance between give and take… It is easy to fall into the trap of being one who always takes. We are all guilty, myself included. Be mindful, this gets old quickly. You have to be thoughtful and put your friends first. For example, buy them lunch or greet them with a cup of Starbucks one morning. Even a card, text, or hug will do the trick. It’s the simple things in life that we sometimes all together miss the beat on.
- Don’t get caught up in the popularity contest and think you have to surround yourself with the wrong crowd… Seek higher ground. Look for those that inspire you to make right choices and avoid the negative situations. If they are true friends, they will get you and respect you for what you believe in or stand for. You will exhibit the same qualities and embrace boundaries and standards that each set. There’s a unique respect that comes with a true friend and I encourage each of you to explore the dynamic, It’s pretty KOOL! Remember… Your Vibe Attracts your Tribe!!