Summer Must Havs
Summer Must Havs by Lacey Evans
Want to start your summer 17 with a sizzle…?
- Dai*sy Dukes… Tight-fitting denim shorts for women, typically made from a pair of cutoff jeans. These are no doubt number one on my list for summer. Pair your fav DD’s up with just about any top in your closet and you can’t go wrong.
2. White Jeans… Are a canvas you can create anything around them. Expect compliments when you wear any type of trendy white jean whether it be straight leg, skinny, bell bottom, boot cut or capri’s.
3. Crop tops… Are a must to add to your wardrobe for summer. Show off your midriff with your favorite glam or causal style crop day or night. They will keep you looking stylish throughout the season without busting your budget. I like to pair my crops with daisy dukes, gladiator sandals, and a cute bandana in my hair.
4. Sunnies… “Go big or go home” is my motto this summer. While protecting your eyes from the rays, you gotta look gucci fo sho. That’s why I have chosen the cat eye this year it adds an extra dose of flare on a nice sunny day.
5. Dewy Makeup… For a light summery natural look, ditch the heavy makeup and add a highlighter. Skip liquid foundations in the summer and just go with a light powder foundation with an SPF. Apply bronzer to the cheeks, forehead, and around the hairline. Use a neutral, shimmery shade of eye shadow, and a little mascara & eyeliner to make your eyes pop. Add color to your lips, I stick to natural colors. Tada you will look like you have just been kissed by the sun.
6. Pura Vida… Do I have any Pura Vida fans in the house? Bracelets are a groovy way to accessorize this summer; you can never have too many. Each Pura Vida bracelet is handmade in Costa Rica. They are a simple string bracelet that comes in a variety of colors and are adjustable. These bracelets are boss this summer. Check them out and don’t forget to stack.
7. Birkenstock’s… The sandal that has been around since the 1960’s has made a comeback, and boy are they a hit. With over 300 styles you are sure to find the perfect pair. No doubt they are the most comfortable sandals I have ever worn. According to Vogue the sandal is said to look “sexy” with a fresh pedicure and a lady like dress.
8. Gladiators… These epic Roman shoes have been spotted on the runway this summer. Gladiators are the bomb they come in mucho styles. You can sport a pair of gladiators in a sandal or a heel. They come in three different types: mid-calf, knee, and ankle. Gladiators can be worn with shorts, skirts, or dresses. They are great to wear on a hot summer day.
9. Handbag…The crossbody style has been my go to this summer. Love that it keeps your hands free. Another style trending on fashion lane is the backpack; it has made it into an everyday wardrobe.
10. Mani/Pedi… Is the best way to celebrate your fingers and toes now that summer is in full swing. With a little help from foot friendly products or a trip to the salon, you can maintain the health of your hands and feet. Be adventurous with all the awesome color combos. I have a thing for OPI pinks: Mod About You, and Second Honeymoon. These three are fab and especially with a little tan. Take a break and treat yourself to a mani/pedi they are a great stress reliever.